I woke up this morning feeling anxious and chubby. This is a lethal combination, or a perfect storm as Tyson would call it. Even though I woke up hours before church started, none of my clothes were cooperating, and I ended up going to church wearing a staticky dress that I had to pull down every three steps.
This made for a bad mood I couldn’t seem to shake. In an attempt to shake said bad mood, I started counting my blessings, as the song goes. Here’s what I’m happy about today:
- After years of deliberation and soul-searching, I bought my first pair of jeggings yesterday. They go with everything and look like dress pants. They’re now staring at me from their spot in the closet, promising fun and hope in all their gray glory.
- We made a cheesy potato casserole this morning that’s rocking my world. Recipe here. (We used half the onion it calls for and added bacon and cheese on top.) #lifestyleblog
- I finally discovered the cause of that nasty smell coming from our bathroom. It’s a plant, not black mold like I originally thought.
- I downloaded Mindy Kaling’s new book, Why Not Me? over the weekend, and it’s given me a renewed positivity towards life. She’s hilarious and confident, and I want her to be my friend. If she can do anything, maybe I can too.
- I had an epiphany about our couples costume yesterday. The only other hard Halloween decision we still have to make is what type of candy we’ll buy in bulk to hand out to all the kids who come trick or treating in Aggie Village. (All none of them, we haven’t had a trick or treater come by since we’ve lived here. More for us!)
- I refuse to be the kind of person who lets one dress ruin their day!