The Ogden temple has been under renovation since before we moved to Utah, so we were pretty excited when we found out the open house would be happening soon. We met up with my family and spent the hottest Saturday in August touring the Ogden temple.
I love to see the temple, heat and all :).
To be perfectly dramatic, August just about killed me. I’m glad I’ve been jotting down some of the good things that happened during the month because I don’t think I would remember them otherwise:
– after six years of faithful service, my grey forever 21 jeans finally gave up the ghost
– we had to turn our heat on in August, so I’m officially scared for winter
– work = when it rains, it pours
– I had a cold on my birthday
– one of Tyson’s pictures winning first place in the landscape category at the fair
– back to school and Labor Day sales
– going to the Ogden temple open house with my family
– baby-sitting my cute baby nephew
– we’re regulars at black pearl now: one of the waitresses noticed I always pick the onions out of my fried rice, and she asked the cook to make me a fried rice with no onions the next time I asked for it
– byu education week
– birthday mail
– new institute classes; I’m taking church history for the first time
Now that August is finally over, I’m starting to feel like myself again. The leaves are changing color, and I have a sudden urge to cut my hair, so it’s all business as usual over here. I will catch up on the last of our summer days soon!