I usually have a crisis of sorts on my birthday. I start stressing out about all of the things I haven’t done or become. Turning 23 was different, and it’s mostly because I think there’s something so poetic about the number. Can numbers be poetic? I don’t know. Either way, this year, instead of feeling pressured by all of the expectations I’ve created for myself, I thought, “This year is going to be the best year ever.” Here’s why:
1. My husband is super cute.
2. We’re both working somewhere we enjoy.
3. We love our ward.
4. My hair is the longest it’s ever been.
5. Our apartment is going through a really adorable phase.
6. I’ve found a great brownie in a mug recipe.
7. I’m feeling equal parts comfortable and challenged.
7 is close enough to 23, right?