Some days I can almost feel my brain shrinking. I’ll be on my third consecutive Kardashian episode when the thought will come to me, “The last time your brain was this small, you were in first grade.”
My brain shrinking is particularly embarrassing because I have loved books for as long as I can remember. But love can be exhausting, even a love of books. After graduating from college, I took a break from books. I still read on occasion, but it wasn’t with the same drive and hunger as before. I thought my love was dead, but it turns out that it was just dormant.
This week I dusted off my Kindle and downloaded some e-books. I read:
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? And Other Concerns by Mindy Kaling
- The Timekeeper by Mitch Albom
I’m currently reading:
- I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts On Being A Woman by Nora Ephron
Next on my list:
- The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Farewell, my shrinking brain. I’ve found a new Kardashian to keep up with, and her name is Kindle.