I was pretty excited when MarLyn from Beard, Braids, and Baby messaged me last week to let me know that she had nominated my blog for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is a way for lesser-known blogs to be recognized and gain some exposure.
Here’s how it works.
I tell 11 facts about myself, I answer the questions that MarLyn assigned her nominees, then I create 11 questions for the bloggers I nominate.
11 Facts about me:
1. I tried to be a redhead for a little over two years, but my super dark hair was too stubborn, so I finally gave up.
2. English is my second language.
3. I’ve had stitches on my face twice.
4. I donated blood once and got a, “Thanks, but no thanks,” letter from the Red Cross a few weeks later.
5. I read the first Twilight book in one day, the same day that I should have been studying for a Statistics final. #priorities
6. On that note, Statistics was the first class I ever failed.
7. I’ve had a college reading level since the sixth grade. I’m only bragging about this because when I first moved to the United States in the fourth grade, I knew no English.
8. Belle is my favorite Disney princess.
9. I don’t know how to swim.
10. I’m lactose intolerant.
11. Before Tyson, the longest relationship I’d ever been in was two months.
1. Why do you blog?
I blog because I want to remember my life. I had started blogs in the past and I always stopped because I felt like my life wasn’t interesting enough to share with the world. When we started planning our move from California to Utah, I thought, “This is something I can write about. I’m going to want to remember this.” Since then, I’ve tried to focus on writing more about our life as it is now, even the mundane details that aren’t all that interesting to anyone else.
2. What are your fears?
I’m scared of cockroaches, heights, needles, but mostly, I’m scared of not doing something great with my life.
3. What is something that you think is beautiful, but not always appreciated?
I love when blades of grass grow in between cement cracks.
4. What is your favorite kind of weather?
I’ve always loved the rain.
5. What do you do in your spare time?
I watch way too much tv with Tyson.
6. If you had time to learn more about any subject/anything what would it be?
I’d want to study literature and creative writing all over again.
7. What is your favorite color, and do you like it for any special reason?
Pink has been my favorite color for as long as I can remember, I don’t really know why.
8. Where do you think you will be in 5 years?
There’s so much I want to be and have by the time I’m 27, but mostly I want to be a mom to a cute, chubby baby and I want to have an MFA in creative writing. Since we’re being so ambitious, I will also say that I see myself having red hair by the time I’m 27.
9. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Paris, France (not Paris, Idaho)
10. What is your favorite book or movie?
Favorite book: East of Eden
Favorite movie: Pride and Prejudice
11. What is something you are passionate about?
I think you’re supposed to nominate 11 blogs, but I don’t follow that many, so here are my nominees:
Cara-Mia at typed-for-miles
Stephanie at the slow jogger
Camille at murph and giull
11 Questions for my Nominees:
1. What inspires you?
2. Describe yourself in three words.
3. What is your favorite place to shop?
4. Who is one of your heroes?
5. What is your favorite song?
6. What were you like in high school?
7. What is the best part of your day?
8. What would be your dream job?
9. Are you more like your mom or dad?
10. What is one movie that you can quote word for word?
11. What do you think is your best quality?
If you want to see pictures of a really cute baby girl and get some great music suggestions, follow MarLyn’s blog here. Thanks again for nominating me, MarLyn!